Looking for quality professional dental care for you or your family in a caring, relaxing environment in Hoboken, New Jersey?
We listen and respond to your dental health concerns.
Our services include general dentistry for adults and children of all ages, and special care dentistry.
Note: We hear a lot of concerns from our patients about infection risks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be assured that studies show that enhanced infection control protocols now used in dental practices are remarkably effective. A six-month study of 2,810 patients in several dental practices in New York City during the height of the pandemic found no transmission of COVID-19 to patients, dentists or hygienists. Dentistry, because of special training and enhanced safety protocols, has a far lower prevalence of COVID infection compared to other health professions. Please see the references at the bottom of this page if you would like to read more about the studies.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Protecting patients is our priority
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that the care you receive is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you and all our patients, and our staff.
Preparing for your next visit
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some health screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you practice hygiene in advance at home by brushing at home PRIOR to your visit.
Safety protocols during your visit
- Wearing of a face mask is required of every patient and visitor entering the office.
- We have a hand sanitizing station that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Please apply hand sanitizer lotion at the station and rub hands until they are dry. Then you may proceed to the reception area.
- New protocols that applies to all patients and to our team: As usual we will be checking your blood pressure. In addition, during check in, we will check your temperature, pulse and oxygen levels. A temperature over 100.4℉ is considered a fever; we will not be able to treat a feverish patient. A 14-day waiting period must pass after fever is detected, or testing is done to demonstrate health, before we can safely treat that patient again.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 virus symptoms or have had contact with those who may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call the office to reschedule 3 weeks out.
Clean environment and spaced out appointments
- New look! Our open-concept reception areas will have custom sneeze guards installed.
- Each room will have a HEPA Air Filtration system in place to purify the air.
- You will see that, per the latest recommendations of medical organizations, our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth because they are difficult to disinfect frequently.
- Our team will be equipped with smiling eyes above their breathing masks, and with the best personal protection equipment available for their and your safety.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, as well as for cleaning and disinfecting treatment areas between appointments. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Please be assured that treatment rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each patient’s appointment and that other clean facility policies are in force.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at or visit our website at www.riverviewdentistry.com.
We thank you and your family for being part of our special practice. We ask for your patience as we adhere to the new protocols to keep you and your family, as well as our team, safe. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming back all our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Leung & Riverview Dentistry
How effective are infection control protocols in dental practices during the COVID-19 pandemic? The data is reassuring.
— Incidence of COVID-19 Virus Transmission in Three Dental Offices: A 6-Month Retrospective Study, International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry. Nov/Dec 2020 [This link goes to another Web site.]
—Report Finds COVID-19 Rate Among Dentists is Less than One Percent, American Dental Association news release, October 2020 [This link goes to another Web site.]